Thursday, June 07, 2007

"Apple Potato Peeler" from Vermont Country Store

The "Apple Potato Peeler" from Vermont Country Store at www.vermontcountrystore.com
A Riview...

Consumer: Gourmet Cooks

The purpose of the apple/potato peeler is simply to take the work out of peeling, coring and slicing apples and potatoes and to insure perfect and even slices every time.

Pros: Peeling, coring and slicing apples has always been one of the jobs I disliked the most when I am cooking. Peeling and slicing potatoes was my second least favorite task. Potatoes and apples are the basic ingredients in many of the gourmet dishes that I prepare so I have a lot of apples and potatoes to peel, core and slice. The Apple Potato Peeler solved both problems for me.

I love the way the Apple Potato Peeler can be set to either just peel or just core and slice. It does attach very firmly to the counter top with a vacuum seal and it is very easy to use. I just crank it and it does all of the work for me.

Cons: The apple/potato peeler is rather heavy. It does, however, stay put when you adhere the vacuum grip base to a counter top.

Guarantee: Lyman Orton, the owner of Vermont Country Stores says this, “My commitment to finding you practical, hard to find merchandise and to superior customer service remains absolutely unshakable. Everything you see in our catalogues, in our on-line store, and in our retail stores is 100% guaranteed to work like we say it will.”

Value for money: This apple/potato peeler is worth every penny of the cost. It does save time and effort but more importantly it insures uniform slices which are so important to gourmet cooks everywhere.

CJ

No comments: